[Asterisk-Users] Survey: what's the best HTTPd/TFTPd/FTPd to serve up configuration files to sets

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Sat Mar 5 18:00:55 MST 2005

I would like to start a discussion centred around the various ways one
might serve up configuration files from an Asterisk server (I know, it's
better to use a secondary server for all this, but let's talk about a
smaller system).

The types of things being served would include:
- Logo image for sets that support that
- XML directory files
- XML or raw text configuration files
- what-all-else

Seems to me that Apache is simply way too overpowered for all this, and
thus would needlessly place load on the server.

I have heard that khttpd is pretty lightweight, but its use seems to
have been deprecated, and it does not appear to be actively maintained.
Is TuX the way to go?

As for tftpd and ftpd, I'm just not sure. Leightweight is the key, here.

Thoughts, opinions, experiences?

Thanks,

Jim.

--