[Asterisk-Users] BroadVoice configuration changes for Outbound

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht list+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Sat Mar 5 16:35:25 MST 2005

ggundy at gmail.com (Gabriel Gunderson) writes:
> As an "early adopter" kinda guy, I'm happy to tweak stuff to make
> things work.  I can't however explain to my wife why the phone doesn't
> work *again*.  I'm going to hang in there a bit longer in hopes that
> things will get better, if they don't, it's off to another VSP.

You might want to get a backup, pay-as-you-go, provider to help cover
this situation.  (I use both teliax and gafachi.  When dialing out, if
one is down asterisk transparently rolls over to the next one.  They
are both 2cents/minute so the cost is the same and the ordering in the
dial-plan is mostly determined by their ping times.)

Too bad not many providers do a database dip into e164.org.  If they
did, I'd still be able to get some calls when my DID provider was
down.

-wolfgang