[Asterisk-Users] TE110P module woes

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Mar 5 16:30:14 MST 2005

> > My feeling (unsupported) is that the powercycle does a better job of
> > forcing the far end
> > of an E1 (e.g. the PTT's equipment) to start afresh than just
> > reinitializing the cards.
> > If you turn the power off you can be sure that you are going to drop
> > carrier, clock and any
> > control lines totally.
>
> While I agree, I also feel that any proper design should be able to do that
> from within the driver.

I'd agree with that 1000%. If the drivers are capable of starting any
of the digium cards from a power-on boot, then there is absolutely no
reason why a driver restart can't be as effective.

Since the folks that believe a power cycle is required seem to be
running a v2.6 kernel, it would sound like the problem is not card
desgign issues.

Rich