[Asterisk-Users] X100P Clone, Which one?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 12:30:52 MST 2005

> And if nobody's going to educate the newbies, then how will they ever learn?
> Do you believe in letting your children do whatever they want, too?  There
> are 'defacto' rules for any system.  No, I don't have my shiny ListCop<tm>

There is a difference when you are that childs father or mother but
you are neither?

Do you stop people in the street when you see them doing things wrong
and try and tell them "you shouldn't be doing it like that", "this is
how you should do it".
I hope not :) Essentially this list is the same.

There are lots of very helpful people, keen to provide help and
enthusiasm to new asterisk people, then there are those who seem to
have so much time on there hands they have to reply to every newbies
question telling them to "go and look
at google before asking that here!"

> badge and I'm not, nor have I ever claimed to, speak on behalf of Digium or
> anyone else.  I'm taking time to try and educate people on what I perceive as
> normal and proper list ettiquette.  Not everyone agrees with me, this I will
> admit.  However most people do, and that's why lists are how they are.

And how exactly is that?

Mike