[Asterisk-Users] IAX Codec

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Mar 5 10:17:59 MST 2005

> Currently I have one server running Fedora Core 3 AMD 64bits (on a 3mbits DSL with 640kbits
upload) and the second server is running on Mac OS X (on a 512kbits SDSL) I'll change it soon
for a PC with Fedora Core 3 but I know the G.729 isn't available for Mac OS X.

> Is there another codec that do the job well for now?

Any of the codecs should work just fine. The g711 codec would consume about
80k bits/second, so your sdsl circuit would support about five or six
simultanous calls "if" the sdsl circuit is not used for anything else.