[Asterisk-Users] e164.org and FWD now have peering arrangement

Duane duane at e164.org
Sat Mar 5 06:47:14 MST 2005

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:

> FYI: FWD shows a different inbound prefix:
>
>       **164 	e164.org 	8781039311

Yes that works as well, and was issued by another company, the contact >
at FWD asked if we could route that to them as well, I prefer the other
range because it's shorter and we've always routed it like that so it's
easier for me to remember...

> Is there enough spare numbering space there for you to assign e164.org
> dialable numbers to people in the asterisk community too?

Technically no, but we do it anyways despite how much the ITU loves us
for doing it :) In the telephone world there is no equivalent to private
LAN IP ranges, we're hoping if we get enough support for what we're
doing to be allocated the +88299 range, (highly unlikely to funnier
things have been known to happen)

> While it might be nice for asterisk home users to have their single
> DID listed, it strikes me that the real utility would be to have a
> blocks of 100 or 1000 numbers assigned to folks, so they could have
> each of their voip phones directly dialable from anyone that queries
> your db.

We have always offered blocks of 100 numbers in the +88299 range for
anyone that wants them, catch being that they're not really allocated by
anyone/body except our DNS zone... Any number ranges in our zone are
also accessible from FWD etc etc etc...

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."