[Asterisk-Users] e164.org and FWD now have peering arrangement

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht list+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Thu Mar 3 18:35:15 MST 2005

duane at e164.org (Duane) writes:
> There is now a peering arrangement between e164.org and FreeWorldDialup
> which means any and all subscribers on FWD are now easily able to make
> enum calls by prefixing their call with **164, like wise it's almost as
> simple to make a call to FWD by hitting 8829990<fwd number>

FYI: FWD shows a different inbound prefix:

      **164 	e164.org 	8781039311

Is there enough spare numbering space there for you to assign e164.org
dialable numbers to people in the asterisk community too?

While it might be nice for asterisk home users to have their single
DID listed, it strikes me that the real utility would be to have a
blocks of 100 or 1000 numbers assigned to folks, so they could have
each of their voip phones directly dialable from anyone that queries
your db.

-wolfgang