[Asterisk-Users] Re: No ringback over IAX - LiveVoip

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Fri Mar 4 12:06:10 MST 2005

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:46:27 -0700
  Paul Fielding <paul at fielding.ca> wrote:
> Hmmm.....  My server is currently set to let the line
>ring for 20 seconds, ringing several extensions
>internally.  (I do not answer the line, it just rings the
>extensions).  If I don't pick up after 20 seconds it then
>answers the line and sends to voicemail or to an
>auto-attendant, depending on the situation.
>
> Ringback seems to be working for me, I hear ringing on
>the calling end... *shrug*.
>
> Paul

Ok,I have to retract my last statement and give an update.
It has been a while since I had played with the DID I have
from them.

It is not an issue before the * box picks up. I set my
incoming context to ring my VoIP phone for 20 seconds
directly with using the IVR system and I had the ringing.

But when I restored it to no background on hold music and
issued a dial command of Dial(SIP/2001,15,r) instead of
Dial(SIP/2001,15,m), after the IVR plays its intro, I got
no ringing on the calling end. Just dead air from
LiveVoIP.

I then used this same test context by dialing in through a
VP Connect account and after the initial greeting and
moving to the Dial command, I got the ringing on the the
calling end.

Sorry for the incorrect info the first time, it had just
been quite a while since I had played with the Live
account.

Robert