[OT] - [Asterisk-Users] Why should I answer a Newbie questio n,therethick!

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Fri Mar 4 12:03:56 MST 2005

1. Before asking a question, do a Google search
2. After a general Google search, do a specific search on this group 3.
After a Google search, look at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk
the information contained in these pages will answer 95% of your startup
questions. 4. If you have done 1, 2, & 3 - feel free to email the list. 5.
Please do not email the list asking people to hold your hand.  That is not
what the list is for, it is for help if you run into an implementation
problem, not to teach you the basics by using 1, 2, & 3.

In addition:  Output from the Asterisk console with -vvvvvvv and sip debug
turned on is VERY helpful to diagnose your errors.

I like this idea if it is possible!  I am trying to get my sales department
to do something like this as well.  I could write a hundred FAQs, but nobody
reads them, just calls:)

Shanon

A Google search of the lists using  "terms site:digium.com" in Google is
also very helpful in finding pertinent material.

-Nate