[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Question

Callum McGillivray callummc at ains.net.au
Thu Mar 3 20:23:19 MST 2005

Hi all,

Just a quick question from someone who is reasonably new to the Asterisk
server.

We have ordered the hardware for a test environment, and plan on setting it
up at the start of next week.

At the moment, we have a couple of VOIP handsets, a Digium TE110P card, an
E1 line and the basic network infrastructure to make it all happen.

Can anyone tell me from experience how long it might take to get it up and
running so that we can make some basic test calls ?

We have an experienced unix / linux admin and a person who deals with
traditional hardware PBX / PABX solutions here.

I know that this kind of thing is often relative to experience and hardware,
but can anyone tell me from experience how long it took them to get it up
and running ?

Thanks,

Callum