[OT] - [Asterisk-Users] Why should I answer a Newbie question,therethick!

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Mar 3 20:06:56 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 17:59 -0700, Paul Fielding wrote:
> [...]

As I have told others before. This list is a valuable resource even for
those of us who know a lot about asterisk already. The users who would
rather come here than do any work on their own become pollution to this
list. They are the repetitive spam that has no benefit to the ones
receiving it.

This type of behavior has run many of the "guru"s off of this list. They
are unlikely to be replaced.

BTW, telling a user they haven't done the prerequisite home work before
asking a question is no where near pummelling. Pummelling would be
calling them names and making personal attacks. Life is full of venues
where you need to meet specific criteria before you are considered
worthy of interacting.

All that to lay the ground work to say that when we send a user back out
to the search engines to do their homework, we do so as a jealous
protecting of this forum and what value we receive from it.