[OT] - [Asterisk-Users] Why should I answer a Newbie question,therethick!

Paul Fielding paul at fielding.ca
Thu Mar 3 17:59:54 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
> Look, don't answer lame questions if you don't want to. Flaming a newb
> for being a newb is just mean. (they will eventually RTFM or STFW or
> they will fail). This is the way of the open source community.

Here Here, I'm with you.  I find it a constant source of amazement how, in
all the various lists I've followed, people find it necessary to beat on the
new guy.  Even the 'if you don't want to get flamed then do some research
first' attitude i'm not a fan of.  Sometimes newbies are also newbies to the
concept of lists, etc, as well as the topic of the list.

Frankly, I agree.  If you don't like the question, feel it's lame or dumb,
or don't like that someone hasn't done their research, then delete the
message.   If you think they're wasting your time by writing a message, then
don't waste any more of your own time by responding to it.  I find the
pummelling of newbies more annoying than the newbie question itself.

regards,

Paul