[Asterisk-Users] Re: Dial application invoked again and again

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Thu Mar 3 07:51:04 MST 2005

Kamran Ahmad wrote:
> hi
>
> If i remove "_." from my dialplan(extensions.conf).
> application is invoked only once. otherwise
> application is invoked again and again. any one know
> what is the problem and how to make (global) dialplan
> for all user agents.

When a call hangs up Asterisk will loog for an 'h' extension.  _. will
match "h" and so will run again and again.  Don't be lazy, dialplans are
hard work and you can't just use _. as a pattern and expect it to work.
  What is the shortest number you might call?  If it's 7 digits than use
_XXXXXX. as your pattern.  if it's only 2 digits, use _X.

Since "X" means any number that pattern will not match extension "h".