[Asterisk-Users] dropping extra frame..already have it????

Shaoul Jacobson - TELLINK shaoul at tellink.com
Thu Mar 3 02:18:10 MST 2005

> Recently, I've been getting these messages:

> Mar  1 13:59:44 NOTICE[20933]: frame.c:128 ast_smoother_feed:
> Dropping extra frame of G.729 since we already have a VAD frame at the end

Well I got the same when I started to use g729.
I did some search crawl in the archive and fount in the 'dev' part two mails
about that. It seems g729 on asterisk does not like variable length packets.
Disabling silence compression on the UA did help me.
I did also upgrade the UA's bios at the same time.

I am an asterisk newbie, so I cannot guarantee the answer.
Give some feed-back.

Regards,

Shaoul Jacobson
Senior VoIP Consultant