[Asterisk-Users] Music on hold on timing sources

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at skyhost.net
Wed Mar 2 14:59:19 MST 2005

You can use ztdummy as your timing source.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+timer+ztdummy

> If I use the dialplan to run MusicOnHold(), I do get the music
> upon dialling that extension, but if I try to use the hold button
> on either a 7960 or X-Lite I get nothing.  Is this the expected
> behavior?  I figured that if a timing source was needed that
> MusicOnHold() should not work, but it does....

This is a result of a bug (3701) which has been corrected in CVS.  Updating
your installation with the latest CVS code from either stable or head will
get MOH working properly again.

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds