[Asterisk-Users] wctdm and two tdm cards

Cirelle Internet Products gcirino at cirelle.com
Wed Mar 2 14:54:30 MST 2005

Matt Gibson wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have a server I'm working on here with two tdm cards in it.
> 4 FXS and 4FX0. Both cards work fine on their own. The problem
> lies with using both in the system at once. I have verified the
> IRQ's are fine. I have tried switching the slots the cards reside in,
> no luck though. I am using ACPI but not APM. I am using gentoo latest,
> with vanilla 2.6(.10) kernel and udev. CVS as of
> CVS-HEAD-03/02/05-03:42:41.
>
> The problem is as follows:
>
> If I power up the system from system off, the cards both get detected
>
> If I reboot the system with reset button, ctrl alt del, or 'reboot'
> the TDM04P does not get detected.
>
> If I then reboot, then hit the power button, and let it turn off, then
> turn it back on again and boot, it detects both cards fine.
>
> I have tried searchign the list archives, but I have not had much
> luck.  One person on IRC mentioned he's seen this before, but didn't
> have any
> solutions.
>
> Does anyone here know what might be the problem? or have a fix/work
> around? I know I shouldnt be rebooting servers, but I have to make
> sure it works upon reboot as it is going to be installed in a
> power-outtage happy part of the world :)
>
> TIA,
> Matts

Sounds like you would be fine if the power completely drops out. but
there are 2 things I can
think of.

In zconfig.h (in the zaptel directory) there is a line at the bottom (at
least in my cvs version)

/*

 * Uncomment if you happen have an early TDM400P Rev H
which

 * sometimes forgets its PCI ID to have wcfxs match essentially
all
 * subvendor
ID's

 */

#define TDM_REVH_MATCHALL

The other is a bit more involved and can be found here:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-October/070000.html

This might be a bit different with the newer software, but the basic
idea is the same

Regards
Greg