[Asterisk-Users] Music on hold on timing sources

James Pooton james at digisys.net
Wed Mar 2 14:58:01 MST 2005

I think MOH “works” without a timing source, but can get end up sounding
poor without one. (stuttering, etc)  At least that has been my experience.
Without a card, ztdummy becomes an option for timing if the box has the
correct USB controller to make use of:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+timer+ztdummy

Or you can add a cheap card.  We have a box colo'd that I just threw an 8$
card in and works great for MOH, meetme, etc.

As for no MOH on hold button pressing, I'd look to your * config for MOH..

-James