[Asterisk-Users] Music on hold on timing sources

Marty Mastera marty at m3resources.com
Wed Mar 2 14:01:24 MST 2005

Hello:

I have read that music on hold requires a timing source (which I never
had to worry about previously since the server had zaptel hardware in
it)...now I'm configuring a server in a colo which has no zaptel
hardware.

If I use the dialplan to run MusicOnHold(), I do get the music upon
dialling that extension, but if I try to use the hold button on either a
7960 or X-Lite I get nothing.  Is this the expected behavior?  I figured
that if a timing source was needed that MusicOnHold() should not work,
but it does....

Thanks,

Marty