[Asterisk-Users] [OT] stupid firmware question...

Chris Wade clwade at sparco.com
Wed Mar 2 13:24:17 MST 2005

I know this is a really stupid question, but I just have to ask...

Where would I start if I wanted to try and develop my own firmware for a
particular phone.  Namely, I want to try and 're-write' the SIP firmware
for Cisco 7940's.  Any ideas?

-Chris

PS: [* put on flame suit *] why won't any of the phone manufacturer's
just open-source the firmware for their phones? [* ducks head back
inside gopher hole just before a giant fireball hits *]