[Asterisk-Users] newbie questions

Jean-Francois Theroux jftheroux at privalodc.com
Wed Mar 2 13:14:18 MST 2005

Hello,

	At the office we have a Lucent PBX, which has 3 lines coming from the
CO. 2 are used for phones, 1 for fax. In the office, we have 16 phones.
All those are connected in the PBX. We do not have an automated system
nor voicemail system for now. But this is something we would like to
have now. Since we do a lot of work with Linux, I was asked to look into
asterisk to deplace our PBX. Software-wise, I don't have any problems
yet, doesn't look too bad hard to configure.

	Now, I know I would need a quad-port FXO card for our lines coming in
from the CO in that PC. What would be the best way to connect all those
16 digital phones to the Asterisk box? I could always buy quad-ports FXS
cards for now, as we don't use the 16 phones, but I don't think that's
going to work well in the future when the company grows and we require
more phones.

	Keep in mind telephony is very very new to me. Any help would be very
appreciated.

--
Jean-Francois Theroux
Systems administrator