[Asterisk-Users] SIP registration problem

Marco Supino marco at sd.com
Wed Mar 2 12:03:52 MST 2005

Hi,

I am adding phones to my asterisk setup, until now i worked with some
softphones, with no problem,

I got some Grandstream BT100 phones, and see something strange in the
log, the on the phone's screen,

This is from the log :

Found peer '122'
Looking for 122 in default
Transmitting (no NAT):
SIP/2.0 404 Not Found

This happends when the action is SUBSCRIBE ,

Now, this is a SIP client, defined in the sip.conf, as
[122]
context=default

and also the exten is in the default context in the extension conf file,

Right after the the peer seems to be registered, and the phone seems to
work, but from time to time, i see "404" on the phone's display, and
need to "touch" it to make it change (dial something, or just pick up
and hangup)

I couldnt find why this is happening, i searched, and found some with
the same problem, but no solution,

If you have any idea why this is happening, i will be glad to hear it.

Thanks.

Marco.