[Asterisk-Users] Dual X100P cards

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Mar 2 06:06:53 MST 2005

> I know the X100P cards are not supported by Digium any more, but for home office use, are they still
acceptable? I have two POTS lines, one residential and one business line comming into the house. I'd like to
get both into my * server and $15 total compared to > $100 for the newer TDMxxx card sure is desirable.
Having said that, will the sound quality, functionality, stability, etc. be as good? I don't want to spend
any more than I have to, but if the X100P cards are crappy, unstable, whatever than saving a couple bucks is
not worth it.

There are lots of folks that have implemented dual cards and are working reasonably
well. I've had two working and since have replaced them with a tdm card.

If you are in the US, the cards can be made to function but you'll need to pay
attention to the motherboard in use, shared interrupts, etc, etc.

For the small difference in expenditures, I'd seriously consider a pair of spa3000's
or something like that. They will give you far more flexibility and a lot less
support problems.