[Asterisk-Users] "No compatible codecs!" -- worked with 1.0.0, not 1.0.6 or CVS.

Peter Bowyer peeebeee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 00:12:54 MST 2005

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 16:31:20 -0500, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org> wrote:

> >> To say that I'm confused would be understating things rather severely.
> >
> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>

> > To say that we can't help you without seeing your config files would
> > also be an understatement. Unfortunately, we are not all-knowing nor
> > telepathic, so just saying "it doesn't work" won't generate much
> > response besides sympathy.
>
> I see your point, but a) I hate spamming with zillions of lines of
> config files, and b) the fact that it worked with one release, and not
> the other -- without changing any /etc stuff -- made me think it wasn't
> config file related.  However, there's nothing like e-mailing zillions
> of people to make yourself realize that, yes, it might well have to do
> with the config file.  I guess Asterisk changes/"fixes" its parsing
> rules from time to time?
>
> Anyway, bottom line: all's well, now.  Had to enter some extra stuff
> into my sip.conf file, but the big clue was the fact that it even
> -could- have been a config file problem, so many thanks.

If you care to spend a few seconds, posting what the 'extra stuff'
needed was will help round off this thread in the archives so that
those who come later are not left with reading about how you had
exactly the same problem as they're seeing, but they don't know what
you did to fix it...

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer