[Asterisk-Users] Echoing Beep on ZAP channel (one sided)

Andrew Duey lists at duey.biz
Tue Mar 1 20:37:58 MST 2005

I have an asterisk server (Asterisk 1.0.3) which seems to be working
pretty well with the exception of a terrible echoing beep on the ZAP
analog channel.  This beep which seems to echo for several seconds at a
time can only be heard on IP phones we use in house (we have no internal
analog lines other than a grandstream ATA, just the one external POTS
line).

We have the X100P line card (2 although we only use one but have tried
both for troubleshooting).  It only happens on calls that terminate on
the ZAP interface, IAX calls and internal SIP to SIP calls have no
problems.  The problem seems to be consistent on both Cisco and
Grandstream hardware.  The problem seems to be especially bad when the
voice mail system is taking messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas/suggestions.

--Andrew Duey