[Asterisk-Users] No such host when trying to register

Patrik Jansson patrik at digilize.se
Tue Mar 1 13:12:40 MST 2005

This is really killing me now. I have tested the lastest STABLE and
CVS-HEAD but with no help but even one
more error! My sip-out doesn't show up when typing 'sip show peers'
anymore. And a sip reload gives:
knivby*CLI> sip reload
 Reloading SIP
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip.conf': Found
Mar  1 21:00:33 WARNING[48593]: acl.c:223 ast_get_ip_or_srv: Unable to
lookup ''
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip_notify.conf': Found
Mar  1 21:00:33 WARNING[48593]: chan_sip.c:1408 create_addr: No such
host: ipkund1.rixtelecom.se

Something is really terribly wrong as Asterisk can't lookup those hosts.
I'm almost (but not complete) certain
that this is only related to Asterisk. I'm able to do
nslookup/dnsquery/host requests with success. I have even
tried to type this host in my /etc/hosts file but with no positive
result at all.
I would really really appreciate if someone could help me with this
problem so we can get to bottom with it.

Thanks,
Patrik