[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice + Videosupport=yes - Fails!

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Mar 1 12:47:01 MST 2005

Shadow Roldan wrote:

> So... I've commented it out and tried adding videosupport=yes to
> specific extensions, now video doesn't work as eyebeam reports "remote
> user does not support video" but broadvoice works.

Yes, this is because when the EyeBeam sends the first INVITE to
Asterisk, Asterisk does not yet know who the caller is so the general
section settings apply. With 'videosupport' off, Asterisk will reject
the INVITE because it requests a video session.

You have two choices:

videosupport=no in your BroadVoice section (and hope it works)

- update to the latest CVS STABLE (or the 1.0.6 release), where an
attempt has been made to cure this problem (not for this reason, but it
will still help)

When you report problems and you are using a CVS pull, you should
_always_ update to the latest CVS release before reporting, in case the
problem has already been fixed.