[Asterisk-Users] Flash Zap Channel

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Thu Jun 30 22:58:47 MST 2005

After having looked around on google, voip-info, etc, I am coming
here for a bit of insight from anyone who might be willing to provide
some....

I am using * (it's A at H, but this should apply to any * install) to
handle my home phone line. I have a TDM11B card, and my Verizon line
comes in on the FXO port and my cordless phone is plugged in to the
FXS port. Everything works just dandy, except for call waiting on the
Verizon line, since when I press flash on my cordless, it flashes the
FXS port, not the Verizon line.

OK, no problem, after looking online, it seems that I need to use the
Flash() command to flash the Verizon line by creating an entry in my
dialplan (extensions_custom.conf since I use A at H) that flashes the
Verizon line and then transfers the call back to me. So I found
http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%
20Flash#comments on the Wiki, but that does not seem to work for me.
(I do have call waiting enabled on my cordless extension, BTW). The
calling party hears Allison say "All Circuits are Busy" Here's what I
tried:

exten => 11,1,Flash()
exten => 11,2,Goto(ext-local,200,1)

I also tried:
exten => 11,1,Playback(transfer)
exten => 11,2,Flash()
exten => 11,3,transfer(200)
exten => 11,4,Hangup()

The idea being that I would transfer the call to extension 11, which
would transfer it back to me. The problem, I think, is that * can't
reach me on my cordless, b/c I already have two calls going (The
orignal and me transferring to 11)

I'm sure that I am not the first to try this, and I'm sure that the
way I am going about this is boneheaded, so can someone point out the
best way to flash the incoming Verizon line whenever I have call
waiting? (I'm considering cancelling call-waiting and having the
Verizon line Call-forward-busy to a broadvoice number, but you would
think I could dream up a better solution....)

Tom