[Asterisk-Users] multiples broadvoice lines

Erick Johnson erickj_az at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 21:07:06 MST 2005

I know this might be a bit late, but I think one could edit their hosts files (in the /etc) and add as many different proxies as they like:

sip1.broadvoice.com     XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (ip address of the actual broadvoice proxy)
sip2.broadvoice.com     XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (ip address of the actual broadvoice proxy)
sip3.broadvoice.com     XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (ip address of the actual broadvoice proxy)
sip4.broadvoice.com     XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (ip address of the actual broadvoice proxy)

It is a bit messy, but DNS will resolve correctly to the IP address and you have several different proxy names to use in different contexts.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  I pretty new at all this (about 1 week into *)

Erick

480-775-2885 X 2501