[Asterisk-Users] Getting FOP working with ICD?

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 30 11:52:46 MST 2005

> Hello my name is Axel Pache and  i and some kolleges are working on a
> callcenter solution. We use ICD to manage skill based routing. But now
> we got some problems integrating FOP, for example FOP  doesnt
> acknowledge the ICD-queues right. I have to  use a normal  asterisk
> queue to get  FOP working with it.
>
> So my question is:
>
> Is there any way to get FOP working together with ICD in that case?

>If ICD does not use regular queues, it will require custom development
>or a clever use of UserEvent in your dialplan. BTW, my rates are
>cheap.. :) Regards,

ICD has a full blown eventing system we could I guess have a compatablity
flag
that would fire the same event messages as the regular asterisk q system.
This would be a simple task, you just add a new global ICD listener
and map the ICD events to the  required manager_event calls
if you look at the src to app_icd.c you will see that we do invoke
manager_event
now with icd events so follow this same pattern but raise the same
manager_events
that q/chan agent does...
maybe Nicolas could show us what actual q/agent manager_events FOP looks for

In some ways you would be short changing ICD with this solution
since ICD event system is much richer  than std q/agent
if  Nick is interested it might be a richer solution to add support of the
ICD events
direct ...:)