[Asterisk-Users] Logrotate

Hilton Williams hilton at datatex.co.za
Thu Jun 30 07:47:06 MST 2005

Hi

Asterisk at Home uses the following file:

/var/log/asterisk/*log {
   missingok
   rotate 5
   weekly
   create 0640 asterisk asterisk
   postrotate
       /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'logger reload' > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
   endscript
}
/var/log/asterisk/full {
   missingok
   rotate 5
   daily
   create 0640 asterisk asterisk
   postrotate
       /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'logger reload' > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
   endscript
}
/var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/*csv {
  missingok
  rotate 5
  monthly
  create 0640 asterisk asterisk
}

It connects to the running asterisk and issues the command "logger reload".

Regards
Hilton

Datatex Dynamics CC
Web site http://www.datatex.co.za/
Email to hilton at datatex.co.za
Tel +27215924033
Fax +27215924077

The use of the Datatex e-mail facility is not permitted
for the distribution of chain letters or offensive email
of any nature whatsoever. Datatex hereby distances itself
from and accepts no liability in respect of the
unauthorised use of its e-mail facility or the sending of
e-mail communications for other than strictly business
purposes. Datatex furthermore disclaims liability for any
unauthorised instruction for which permission was not
granted. Any recipient of an unacceptable communication,
a chain letter or offensive material of any nature is
requested to report it to abuse at datatex.co.za.