[Asterisk-Users] Welcome

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Jun 29 23:36:14 MST 2005

> Anyone know of any good VoIP phones for about $50.

You should probably try to shell out a little more and get quality
phones, it really makes a difference. Alternatively, I've found that
SIPURA ATAs sound great (they have really good echo cancel too).

> Lastly how do you fell about the 1 FXO port cards that sell on ebay
> for about $10.

Cheap clone cards work OK in my experience. In fact I've got better
experience with a Digitnetworks crappy clone card than with Digium's
genuine TDM400... YMMV greatly.

Or another approach would be to get a SPA-3k which will bridge PSTN with
Asterisk and give you an FXS port too.

> I have tired Vonage and Packet8 VoIP services and I guess I just don’t
> have enough bandwidth here in the country to use them, lots of bad
> calls. Thanks for all your help.

If bandwith is an issue, then you should prolly try to find a provider
which supports iLBC, GSM or g.729 codec.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.