[Asterisk-Users] Polycom SoundPoint 501 Problem

Craig Bruenderman cbruenderman at networkadvocates.com
Wed Jun 29 11:48:59 MST 2005

I'm attempting to set up my SoundPoint 501 with my Asterisk server. I've
configured DHCP and TFTP and successfully updated both the BootRom and
SIP application. I've also created a custom cfg file for this phone's
MAC address and the settings seem to be taking just fine. I can see that
the phone registers with my Asterisk server but 'sip show peers' reports
that the phone is UNREACHABLE. This seems to be a problem because when I
dial an extension from the phone, I can see Asterisk answering it and
Festival responding, but I get no audio out of the handset nor the
speaker of the phone.

I'm running Asterisk stable and the phones are 2.6.2 bootrom with SIP
1.5.2. Any clues?

Craig Bruenderman

Network Advocates, Inc.
9001 Shelbyville Road, 260 Burhans