[Asterisk-Users] Setting Caller ID after Dial

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Wed Jun 29 10:29:59 MST 2005

What about setting and using Accountcode for each sip client?  It tracks
separately than callerid in the cdr.

so in your sip.conf, add an

accountcode=

statement for each sip entry, and in the AccountCode field in the CDR,
you'll have the correct entry needed to determine who made the call.

-Chris

Chee Foong Chiew wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have the following situation:
>
>I have a PRI with 200 DID numbers and I have set up
>200 sip extensions that matches the last 4 digit of
>the corresponding DID numbers so that when any of the
>200 DID number is called, asterisk can pass the call
>to the respective sip extension. Incomming has been
>fine.
>
>But when making out going calls I want the called
>party to always see the same number (which is one of
>the number selected from the 200 DID numbers). This I
>can be achieved in asterisk by calling SetCallerID
>before Dial command.
>However in the CDR, the caller id number of the number
>that i set using SetCallerID is always logged and
>there is no trace of which sip extension is making the
>call since the caller is always the same. This has
>become a serious trouble for billing.
>
>I have been searching around and could not seems to
>get a solution. I have tried DIAL_STATUS variable
>(only work if call is not answered), using 'g' option
>in Dial command (does not work if calling party hangup
>first), etc.
>
>Is there a solution or work around for this?

<snip>