[Asterisk-Users] Setting Caller ID after Dial

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Wed Jun 29 10:25:09 MST 2005

Bryce Chidester wrote:

> The CallerID that is seen by others on calls originating from your
> PRI is set by your PRI provider; you have no control from Asterisk
> about this as it gets overridden by the provider. You must contact
> your carrier and ask them to set the CallerID for all PRI lines to
> the desired name/number.
>
> Regards,
> Bryce Chidester

There must be different types of PRI lines because I was really shocked
when I started testing my Asterisk box on my PRI and the people
receiving the calls were flipping out because their caller id display
was showing my 3 digit SIP extensions.  I wanted all outbound calls to
have the same callerid so I did it like this:

extensions.conf

[trunklocal]
exten => _6NXXXXXXXXX,1,SetCallerID(<youroutboundnumber>)
exten => _6NXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}})
exten => _6NXXXXXXXXX,3,Congestion

There was also a callerid option in zapata.conf, but I don't think it
had any affect for me.  Good luck!!

Mark