[Asterisk-Users] Setting Caller ID after Dial

Chee Foong Chiew cf_chiew at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 08:33:33 MST 2005

Hello,

I have the following situation:

I have a PRI with 200 DID numbers and I have set up
200 sip extensions that matches the last 4 digit of
the corresponding DID numbers so that when any of the
200 DID number is called, asterisk can pass the call
to the respective sip extension. Incomming has been
fine.

But when making out going calls I want the called
party to always see the same number (which is one of
the number selected from the 200 DID numbers). This I
can be achieved in asterisk by calling SetCallerID
before Dial command.
However in the CDR, the caller id number of the number
that i set using SetCallerID is always logged and
there is no trace of which sip extension is making the
call since the caller is always the same. This has
become a serious trouble for billing.

I have been searching around and could not seems to
get a solution. I have tried DIAL_STATUS variable
(only work if call is not answered), using 'g' option
in Dial command (does not work if calling party hangup
first), etc.

Is there a solution or work around for this?

Thanks in advance

CCF