[Asterisk-Users] TDM card and voicemail volume

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 29 08:13:50 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 10:05 -0400, David Brodbeck wrote:
[snip]
> 2. I believe there are quite possibly two seperate bugs conflated in that
> one item.  There's the recording format problem (compressed formats are at
> -6 or -10 dB compared to uncompressed) and possibly also a TDM-specific
> recording volume problem.

Did anyone ever confirm that this is not a problem with cards from other
vendors? Or is the issue unrelated to the hardware?

> 3. The people who are affected are not the people who are capable of fixing
> it, and the people who are capable of fixing it are apparently not affected
> enough by it to care.

I guess you can vote with your dollars and buy cards from another
vendor, start a picket line at Digium's offices or join forces and put
up a bounty to get it fixed. While you are at it you might as well
include a bounty for a solution for the frame slips that spandsp is
suffering from. Wouldn't surprise me if they both shared a dark cold
slippery cave with Gollum hidden deep inside the code :)

Regards,
Patrick