[Asterisk-Users] TDM card and voicemail volume

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Wed Jun 29 07:05:47 MST 2005

<text snipped>

I think there are three issues here:

1. The bug was originally filed as a "feature request" for a feature that
would have been a work-around, at best.  The actual source of the problem
wasn't narrowed down until later.  It probably should have been filed as a
bug report, instead.  Unfortunately, I fear that trying to file one now will
probably just result in it being marked as a duplicate of the closed feature
request.

2. I believe there are quite possibly two seperate bugs conflated in that
one item.  There's the recording format problem (compressed formats are at
-6 or -10 dB compared to uncompressed) and possibly also a TDM-specific
recording volume problem.

3. The people who are affected are not the people who are capable of fixing
it, and the people who are capable of fixing it are apparently not affected
enough by it to care.