[Asterisk-Users] audiocodes

Dana Olson rickaster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 07:37:18 MST 2005

On 6/29/05, Joe Murray <joe at odell.ca> wrote:
> Is anyone on this list using and audiocodes FXO gateway? I have
> Asterisk(1.07 on OS X) setup and working fine, including SIP phones
> and IAX2 phones - I can make outbound calls just fine and receive
> inbound calls just fine. However, I can't seem to find the right
> series of DTMF settings on the AudioCodes to allow DTMF tones to be
> sent after an outbound call is connected(phone banking, long distance
> provider etc...) while still allow the client devices(phones) to
> access Asterisk voicemail. It seems I can either have the phones use
> inband DTMF and work with the Audiocodes PSTN's or outband and work
> with Asterisk, but not both? Any help/thoughts/experiences would be
> appreciated...
>
> -joe

I think there is the ability to set the options on the more recent
firmwares (4.4 series) to allow either/or for DTMF types on the
MP-108s and Mediant 2000 devices. I don't know exactly what or where
the settings are, but be sure you've got the most recent firmware you
can. They are generally better.

I am not exacly using the AudioCodes devices so much with Asterisk as
with SER, so perhaps the settings I saw wouldn't help you out at all.