[Asterisk-Users] LiveVoip is Bankrupt

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Tue Jun 28 07:59:31 MST 2005

On Monday 27 June 2005 20:04, Robert Webb wrote:
> > I agree with that fact the same questions get posted, but
> > that problem is compounded by the fact the archives are not
> > really searchable. If the were as lease some users would search.
> > The archives need to be fully indexed.
>
> In a Google search box: site:lists.digium.com "What you are searching
> for"

The problem many newbies faces is TOO MUCH information. Not being able to see
the trees because of the forest basically.

It does not matter either if it has been discussed until someone went crazy or
died. The reason it keeps coming up is because it has not been solved.

I totally agree with why. I sure don't want to be the one babysitting them.

These posts were simply pointing out what I think, as a former educator, is
part of the problem. Something which is not that hard to do. And indeed
during some spare times I may put together something which is a lower
gradient for those who have a hard time getting it. I sure would like to.

Now it could very well be that many of these people never get anywhere because
it's just too hard for them. But I know when I started a few years back, that
a lot of the howto's have a stiff gradient. It skips pieces of information,
assumes knowledge which is hard to come by and so on. Standard stuff.

I'm not assuming or expecting that anyone is going to act on what I'm saying.
If it was easy someone would have already implemented it.

But I am saying that I see there are things that CAN be done which will make
it easier. And if it makes it easier, this list will have less "stupid" and
repetitive questions. More people will win using Asterisk and we should all
win. (Except those who prefer fewer people competed in this arena. And there
are a few here who are happy it's hard for others to take part of the fruit.
There always are.)

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin