[Asterisk-Users] Bad Bad Performance; Max 20 Calls on Quad Proc?

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Mon Jun 27 14:13:26 MST 2005

We're running a 6400 (cat /proc/cpuinfo only returns a single 733 Mhz
CPU but I'm sure it's a dual cpu machine. Perhaps it's not running SMP)
with 83 registered SIP phones. We are running ulaw/alaw, with a TE405P
linked to a E1 EuroISDN. Oh, and we've only got 512MB memory. We have 4
call queues, 45 agents and all agent calls are recorded (but not mixed).

The OS is fedora core 1.

We do not have any performance problems (although we are using swap too
much - more memory would be good). We have a 3ghz 4gb memory machine
waiting to be brought on line.

So - we are simply not having the same performance problems that you
seem top be having.

I've included a shot of top, but this is with no-one online (everyone's
gone home!)

  22:14:47  up 74 days, 10:17,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
CPU states:  cpu    user    nice  system    irq  softirq  iowait    idle
            total    0.1%    0.0%    0.3%   0.0%     0.0%    0.0%   99.4%
Mem:   514660k av,  499512k used,   15148k free,       0k shrd,   44912k
buff
         74636k active,              92196k inactive
Swap: 1044216k av,   10272k used, 1033944k free                   90904k
cached

Julian.