[Asterisk-Users] Fwd: JE TROUVE QUE VOUS N'ETES PAS HONETE!

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Jun 27 10:30:47 MST 2005

On Monday 27 June 2005 11:54, harry gaillac wrote:
> Can you tell me why a documentation project on
> asterisk .org is a serious problem for you and others
> people ?

It's not a serious problem.  I agree that we need better documentation.

Where my frustration and passive-agressive behaviour is coming from is perhaps
from your wording.  You are coming off as if this is owed to you.

> When i say "It's the job to all Asterisk
> developpers/users to provide docs on Asterisk.org."
>
> "Job" mean "in order to help people"
>
> > That is where you have essentially written "You have
> > provided the code to me
> > for free, now it's also your responsibility to write
> > the documentation for
> > me, too."
>
> you've written that not me !

It is my interpretation of your writing of "It's the job of all Asterisk
developpers/users to provide docs on Asterisk.org." -- You're clarifying your
view now and that's very helpful.

> "WE" Why do you talk for all mailing list.

I'm talking as an asterisk user, an asterisk developer and a mailing list
user.  The way you word your email makes you come off as someone who feels
they are entitled to good documentation.

As I said, you've explained yourself better and now I just feel that you're
frustrated with the lack of documentation and that it's not in one unified
location.   We (the users and developers of Asterisk) are working on it but
as you can see it is not a primary focus.

-A.