[Asterisk-Users] Fwd: JE TROUVE QUE VOUS N'ETES PAS HONETE!

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Jun 27 07:02:34 MST 2005

On Monday 27 June 2005 08:05, harry gaillac wrote:
> Why do you say "you owe me" ?
> Tell me where I 've written that ?

"It's the job to all Asterisk developpers/users to
provide docs on Asterisk.org."

That is where you have essentially written "You have provided the code to me
for free, now it's also your responsibility to write the documentation for
me, too."

> I wonder why debian project provide
> http://www.debian.org/doc/

Completely beside the point.  Asterisk is not Debian.  Debian has made it a
priority to provide documentation.  Asterisk hasn't.  As I said, there are
people working on the documentation, but if they're not up to your standards
then, frankly, that's too bad.  Help out or move on.  We are not here to make
your job of testing Asterisk easy.  We're here to provide help for those who
wish to help themselves.  When you start posting about how "documentation is
necessary" and "documentation is the job of the developers/users" people tend
to ignore you really quickly.

-A.