[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received

Julian J. M. julianjm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 03:04:17 MST 2005

I had a similar problem with a recent install:
   * TDM11B
   * 1 Port HFC Card

I got that messages about HDLC Framing errors. It ended up being the
way I loaded the required kernel modules.

1) Remove or comment "install" lines in /etc/modprobe.conf (or
modules.conf), regarding the kernel modules for the TDM and the HFC
Card. They usually launch ztcfg.
2) In the init script, load both modules manually  (modprobe wcfxs zaphfc)
3) Issue the ztcfg command
4) Load asterisk

That way it worked without problems.

Julian J. M.