[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received

David Masure d.masure at ucr.fr
Mon Jun 27 01:35:56 MST 2005

Hi all,

I'm  using asterisk 1.0.6 with bristuff-0.2.0-rc7k.  I've already set up
3 boxes with the same config, but I'm facing something strange with the
fourth one :

In my messages log, I've got thoses lines :

kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 4, stat
= 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 5, stat
= 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 17,
stat = 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 10,
stat = 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 3, stat
= 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 7, stat
= 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 10,
stat = 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 4, stat
= 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 35,
stat = 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 10,
stat = 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 23,
stat = 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 8, stat
= 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 13,
stat = 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 11,
stat = 0xff).
kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame or bad CRC received (framelen = 6, stat
= 0xff).

This problem causes asterisk to crash...  The only thing to do is a nice
reboot :-)

I read some informations about it in the list telling that's because of
a wrong signalling type...  But as, I am using the same config
everywhere, I don't believe the problem is on the box ...

Questions ....

1) The asterisk box is located in France...so could this be that the
telco (France Telecom) is powering it's lines with different signalling
(for example mutli point and point to point ?)

2) Does anyone ever face the same problem ?

3) Does someone know how to cope with this problem ?

Thanks for your help ...I'm really don't know what to do ....!!!

David