[Asterisk-Users] Re: Horrible MeetMe performance

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 00:30:31 MST 2005

In article <20050627040407.GC13371 at gadot.org.il>,
Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir at cohens.org.il> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 11:48:00AM +1000, Rob Thomas wrote:
> > > In my experience, several seconds of delay becomes apparent over time
> > when
> > > using an internal clock source.  Seems its a clocking/timer issue.
> >
> > Yes. Meetme can have horrible issues with timing. This _has_ been fixed.
> > If you download the CVS Zaptel drivers, use a 2.6 kernel, you can use
> > RTC support in ztdummy. Change the '#if 0' to '#if 1'.
> >
> > This is documented at http://www.aussievoip.com.au/wiki-AMP-Zaptel
>
> What's wrong with the standard 2.6 ztdummy?

It uses the 2.6 kernel jiffy timer, which is prone to the occasional
missed interval. These missed intervals accumulate over time causing
delays in Voip channels out of Meetme.

Enabling RTC support uses the RTC hardware interrupt and isn't prone
to missed intervals.

> How does HEAD zaptel interact with 1.0 asterisk?

I don't know about HEAD zaptel in general, but the ztdummy.c and ztdummy.h
from HEAD can be copied to STABLE and used just fine. Before the USE_RTC
patch, ztdummy was identical in STABLE and HEAD.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield