[Asterisk-Users] Re: Horrible MeetMe performance

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 00:26:52 MST 2005

In article <2C7C593EA5D1A7429FBBD966CA00DE8D1313BE at fs.wpm4l.com>,
Rob Thomas <rob at wpm4l.com> wrote:
> > In my experience, several seconds of delay becomes apparent over time
> when
> > using an internal clock source.  Seems its a clocking/timer issue.
>
> Yes. Meetme can have horrible issues with timing. This _has_ been fixed.
> If you download the CVS Zaptel drivers, use a 2.6 kernel, you can use
> RTC support in ztdummy. Change the '#if 0' to '#if 1'.
>
> This is documented at http://www.aussievoip.com.au/wiki-AMP-Zaptel

Note that there are several different delay mechanisms in MeetMe,
especially when using SIP channels. The ztdummy RTC support does
improve things on systems without Zaptel hardware. On systems *with*
Zaptel hardware, ztdummy is not used at all, so the RTC support in
it is not relevant.

Cheers
Tony
--