[Asterisk-Users] Re: Horrible MeetMe performance

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sun Jun 26 14:35:16 MST 2005

In article <9FEE3E56D424E243B7CA76B875B07326045F6B at sbserver.ABBCO.inner>,
Dan Morin <DMorin at ABBCOInc.com> wrote:
> Make sure that if you're using anything other than zaptel hardware, it
> is running uLaw as the codec.  Anything else will produce ever
> increasing delays.

Hey, now that's a snippet of information I hadn't seen before!

All my work with SIP and MeetMe is using aLaw, since I'm in the UK.

Do you know why it causes ever increasing delays? I would have thought
that a transcoding would just introduce a contstant (small) delay, not
an accumulating one. So if you're right, then it ought to be fixable,
once the mechanism is understood.

Cheers
Tony
--