[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Cisco CallManager Integration

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 19:14:13 MST 2005

I have Callmanager 3.3(5) linked with Asterisk using H323.

Note that even though I'm using Stable Asterisk from 12/06/05, I am
using H323 from CVS Head 30/09/04. I found that later versions would
have one-way audio problems.

I've also had it working with OH323 but noticed higher audio latency
(when talking between two sites over our VPN (24ms apart) people would
often talk over each other). After switching to H323 (which uses
Asterisk's RTP stack) this problem went away.

Everything works fine, but I can't get the particular version of H323
to pass caller number and name to Callmanager (it passes one or the
other). Both work from Callmanager to Asterisk though. This isn't a
big deal though as most incoming calls are through the PSTN and
there's no name presented.

There's no gatekeeper in use - Asterisk dials directly, eg:
Dial(H323/${EXTEN}@172.16.0.20). Callmanager does the same.

-Shaun