[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk & Zoom x5v 5565

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:23:31 MST 2005

On 6/24/05, Nazareno Pereyra Lima <gottelf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Geoff Manning,
>                             Yes my Zoom x5v its running with internet
> OK, but I would like not to use Global Village service for VOIP,
> that´s why I'm trying to find a way to use  the Asterisk as my own
> Gatekeeper ( like Global Village service ) that will permit 2 or more
> Zoom x5v 5565 or Zoom IP Phone use VOIP in my Company.
>
> And for 2nd chooise, I don't know if it's possible to use the service
> of Voip between two Zoom (x5v 5565) without any service ( without
> Global Village or any gatekeeper ) .  Because I can do this with the
> two CISCO ATA 186 ( don't know if this possible with Zoom).
>
> Thanks! ... Be expecting your response..

I never did figure out why,  but when I used the x5v as a dsl router
and tried to put an aterisk box behind it on a nat, every time I
started asterisk the x5v would completely lockup.   My guess is that
zoom never anticipated another sip device being used in that manner.
I contacted them but all their monkey's knew how to say was 'we only
support global village'.

I took it back and got a refund.

Chris