[Asterisk-Users] SpanDSP - Squished Faxes

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Fri Jun 24 12:26:28 MST 2005

> EASY there, Brian, easy...  There are some very smart cookies (and
> me, but I'm
> not a smart cookie) working on this.  It is rumoured (I have not
> yet tested)
> that 1.0.7 does NOT have this problem, and I KNOW I had it working
> with HEAD
> but that was probably back March or even Februaryish timeframe.

The official word from digium is "TDM400P is not intended for use
with analog modems or faxes.
Thus, Digium will not support use of modems or faxes on the TDM400P."

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4390

covers the:
Modem => TDM400P => Zaptel => * => Zaptel => TDM400P => Modem

It works great with T1 boards just not the TDM400P.  And squished
faxes are caused by frame slips.

/b